I created this recipe for all those gluten-free foodies who are looking for a PURE vegetable noodle. You can eat this recipe raw and jazz it up with fresh edible flowers or you can sauté the noodles in garlic butter (see recipe instructions below). If you eat it raw it is a great way to end a “2”day (fasting day).
1. Using a potato peeler make long stips of courgette/zucchini.
I like to use the yellow as well as the green squash.
2. Put the strips in stacks and square off the ends.
3. Arrange the noodles on a platter.
4. Put 1/4 of a purple cabbage in food processor and use the “S” blade (or dice fine) to make little tiny confetti bits of purple cabbage to sprinkle on the noodles. The colors are very wonderful together.
5. Toss with a fresh lemon, garlic, olive oil dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
Above I am sprinkling on calendula petals. The passion flower in the middle is not edible but the pansies, lavender and nasturtiums are.
Pan Fried Vegetable Noodles
1. Saute 2 large diced red onions and 4 diced cloves of garlic in a fair amount of butter.
2. Add the strips of zucchini/courgette noodles and cook covered on medium heat.
3. When the noodles are soft, turn heat off and sprinkle in salt and red pepper flakes and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
4. Serve with lemon wedges.