Tumeric and lamb are a wonderful combination for deep rooted nutritional value. Add to this ginger, garlic, mung beans and fresh ginger and the nourishment skyrockets! This is one of Geoff’s finest soup creations. Perfect for a nippy night. Make it as spicy (or not) as you like by adjusting the hot stuff!
1. In a pot, simmer with 8 cups of water:
- 1 cup mung beans (soaked overnight first)
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 3 carrots chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 2 large courgettes (zucchini) chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small cubes
2. Brown together with 1 pound cubed lamb:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 onions diced
- 2 large knobs ginger, finely diced
- 2 knobs fresh turmeric finely diced (if available)
- 10 cloves garlic diced
- 1 hot pepper diced
3. Sauté these ingredients for 10 minutes until the meat is well browned, then add to the veg, mung bean rice in soup pot.
4. Add spices:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered cardamom
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
5. Let things simmer 30 minutes, then add two large handfuls chopped fresh spinach and simmer another 10-15 minutes. Serve with yogurt and stir in some currants.
Make your own collection notebook with our PURE pdf recipe card downloads. Simply download, print and then slip into a plastic sleeve and use it in the kitchen to cook with. No fuss, no muss and your recipe is protected in the plastic sleeve and can easily slip in and out of the notebook when you are ready to use it!
Don’t miss out.
Just scroll below and SIGN UP NOW!