We know that life can be busy and full and it just isn’t possible to always have the time and energy to cook everything from scratch. We are always looking for ways to help our readers cut corners but never compromise on eating PURE whole foods.
Discovering frozen butternut squash opens up lots of great possiblities. I love using butternut squash to make soup, stews and festive side dishes however I don’t love the extra steps, time or advanced planning necessary for baking it. Problem solved! The combination of sautéd kale along with butternut squash makes for a very satisfying stand alone dish. It’s quick easy and great for last minute planning and prep. Just always have these items on hand and you are good to go for a meal in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 bags of kale (Tesco)
- 1 bag frozen butternut squash (Tesco)
- 1 T organic butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- chopped pecans
- crumbled organic feta
- chopped fruit juice sweetened cranberries
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt to taste
- Sauté kale in coconut oil and butter.
- Add frozen butternut squash and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Put in a serving dish and toss with feta, pecans, cranberries, salt and red pepper flakes.
(Harry making a cameo appearance, scrounging for floor food scraps!)