Are you looking for a fabulous meat alternative? This recipe is incredibly delicious and versatile. Just switch up the spices depending on the type of dish you want to create.
Ways To Use Spicy Nut Meat
Use this recipe to make a spicy taco nut meat. Replace the chili powder, cumin and black pepper with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme for more of an Italian blend.
Make up a batch and you can always freeze half of it to have on hand for later. Sprinkle on salads or include in casseroles or use anywhere you would use ground meat.
1. Grind 1 carrot in food processor until it is a pulp texture or use left over pulp from making carrot juice.
2. Mix spices in a bowl and then blend in with the carrots using the pulse button.
3. Add in all the nuts and pulse chop until the nuts are in tiny bits and you get a coarse nut meat.
4. Sauté onions and peppers (optional and not recommended if you are nightshade sensitive) in coconut oil (or butter if you are not doing The Royal Flush Reboot).
5. Once onions are soft add in the nut mixtures and cook until browned.
In this spicy aubergine/eggplant casserole I used the nut meat to replace ground meat.