This is my favorite kale salad recipe
Everyone always seems to love this kale salad recipe. Even kids, which says a lot! Use as much or as little of the following:
2 bunches of kale, washed, spun dry, cut in small pieces
¼ – ½ small purple cabbage diced into very small pieces
½ cup currants (or more)
½ -1 cup soaked and sprouted sunflower seeds
black sesame seeds (if you can find them)
Ginger Yum-Yum Sauce as required (see below)
1. Soak sunflower seeds for two hours.
2. Using a mesh strainer pour off the water and give them a rinse and let them sprout in a sunny spot for 1 day.
3. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour enough sauce to coat kale leaves well.
5. Roll up you sleeves and with clean hands get in the bowl and massage the sauce into the kale. Toss and massage everything well helping to break down the kale. Let stand room temperature and marinate 1- 6 hours before serving.
Ginger Yum_Yum Sauce
½ cup of each of the following:
fresh lemon juice
raw tahini butter
maple syrup or date syrup
wheat free soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, diced small
½ –1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated (or more if you love ginger!)
Mix everything together in the blender and store in a glass jar in the fridge