This is a fun, versatile recipe that gives you the essence of pumpkin pie flavor in either a pudding form or an ice cream. Both are yummy. Just depends on you and what texture and temperature you are after. I used silicon muffin molds which make it easy to push out the pumpkin mix once it is frozen.
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- pumpkin pie spice blend (see below)
1. Mix together the following and use all of it in the filling:
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
2. Blend everything together in a high speed blender or food processor.
Ginger Pear Purée
- 3-4 ripe pears
- knob ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch salt
3. Blend all together in a blender.
5. Pour the pureéd pear 3/4 way up.
6. Fill the top with the pumpkin pudding.
7. Mix nuts, seeds, & dried cranberries with honey and place on top.
1 T each :sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, fruit juice sweetened dried cranberries
Mix with 1 T. honey
For the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream…