Birthday Chia Pudding Breakfast
The combinations are endless when it comes to chia pudding. Today is Geoff’s (my sweet hubby) birthday and I wanted to make him a special birthday chia pudding to break his daily intermittent fast.
My chia pudding breakfast ususally always consists of a foundational base of chia seeds soaked in either coconut water or coconut milk.
Be sure to whisk the seeds in the liquid to avoid clumping. It takes at least a half an hour for the seeds to expand. It is best to stir it up and let it set overnight in the fridge.
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 ripe small bananas
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe persimmon
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 passion fruits
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of cardomon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ground macadamia nuts
- additional small banana to cut and place around the inside of the glass
1. Blend coconut milk, chia seeds, spices, vanilla & salt in a blender. Put in a bowl and clean the blender for next use.
2. In the clean blender purée the mango and persimmon together.
3. Arrange the layers however you like. It is nice to grind up the macadamia nuts and put them on the very bottom as well as sprinkle them on the top.
4. On the very top I put pomegranate seeds in the middle and the passion fruit on either side. The seedy pulp of the passion fruit goes really well with the chia pudding.