There is nothing like a warm stew on a cold blustery night. This particular stew is easy to prepare and can be ready within 1 1/2 hours total. A bit out of the norm, I like to toss in some dried red chili pepper flakes to add more heat and zip.
1-2 lbs. diced lamb
3 red onions, diced
4 large carrots, diced
2 parsnips, diced
2 large potatoes, diced
1 tub cherry tomatoes
3-4 cans of chopped organic tomatoes
add water a little at a time if you like it a bit less chunky
salt to taste
red pepper flakes
petite frozen peas
1. Melt enough butter in the bottom of a stew pot to sauté the onions.
2. Once the onions are soft, add the stew meat on a medium heat and stir moving the meat around the pot until all sides are browned.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and a wee bit of water and stir.
4. Add all ingredients except the peas and stir well.
5. Cook on medium with the lid on for at least an hour.
6. Add as many frozen peas as you like, stir and serve once everything is warm to the temperature you like.