This zesty summer salad is accented with tangy red currents and a citrus dressing.
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, sliced in circles
- 2 large peeled and cooked red beets, sliced in circles
- red currants
- fresh lemon thyme
- fresh cracked pepper
Orange Zest Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 T orange zest
- 3 T orange juice
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 heaping tsp. fruit juice sweetened apricot jam
- salt to taste
1. Arrange 3 alternating layers of grapefruit and beets
2. Mix up dressing ingredients and pour over the stacks.
3. Decorate with the red currants and bits of fresh lemon thyme.
4. Accent with fresh cracked pepper.