This is a nice festive dish you can bring along to any summer gathering.
Whenever we do a fasting day we like to end it with a fresh, all raw, dinner. I knew I wanted to make something with the fresh garden picked cucumbers that came in our delivered veg box from Growing With Grace, but I wasn’t exactly sure how this recipe would shape up. I admit that I am a pomegranate, on anything and everything, fanatic. That aside, it seemed like an obvious match to add these two refreshing foods together. Here is how the whole thing came together and I have to say, this recipe is a keeper for sure.
1. Begin by peeling the cucumber and slicing it lengthwise.
2. Scoop out the seeds and dump them in the blender and use them later for the dressing.
3. Slice the cucumber and if you like you can cut each slice in half again.
4. Put the juice of 3 limes in the blender (along with the cucumber seeds). Add 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, a splash of maple syrup, salt to taste, a few slices of jalepenos (I used the kind that comes in the jar and I threw in some of the juice with it) and one clove garlic. Blend on high.
5. Marinate the cucumbers in the sauce.
6. Chop up cilantro/corriander and toss the cucumbers. (I sprinkled some around the edges of the bowl as well).
7. Snip in some fresh mint and sprinkle some red pepper flakes in as well. Give it all a good toss.
8. Add some diced up ripe avocados, pomegranate seeds, and chopped macadamia nuts. Toss again. Really pleased with the flavors and textures of the combined ingredients. What do you think?
Harry loves cucumber slices!