Imagine starting Christmas morning with a beautiful, layered, high antioxidant, smoothie. This smoothie is very rich and filling and actually can be shared between 2-4 people. Happy Christmas! Cheers, Robyn
Raspberries and Chia Layer (on the bottom)
1. Blend raspberries (frozen if fresh are not available) with a small amount of coconut water.
2. Put in a bowl with a few teaspoons of chia seeds (enough to make it thicken up) I used about 1 cup rasberries and 2 tsp. chia seeds with just enough coconut water to blend but so the chia seeds can expand and thicken up.
1. Blend papaya (or persimmons/sharon fruit) with a splash of coconut water in a high speed blender until it thickens up.
1. Add red currants on top of the orange layer
1. Blend 1 really ripe avocado with 1 or 2 kiwis, 1 tsp. spirulina and a splash of maple syrup or light agave.
Soak 1 cup cashews for at least one hour with just enough coconut milk to cover .
Add 2 T fresh coconut meat or desiccated/shredded coconut and blend all together in a high speed blender.
You may need to add a bit more coconut water to get the right texture.
Add a splash of agave and vanilla and blend until thick and creamy.
1. Blend fresh or pre made (from the store sold in cartons) beet juice with fresh pomegranate seeds.
White and Green Foam Top
1. Save a little of the green and white layers and mix them in a swirl on the top.
2. Garnish with a slice of sharon fruit/ persimon and star fruit.
Makes enough for at least 2 smoothies – Since this is so rich and nutrient dense you could easily put these into smaller glasses and divide into 4 servings.
Kathy Noes: I love the composition of the photo and it looks delicious. What is the calorie count of all this fruit and juice?
Robyn Randolph: I never count calories… ever. When you drink this, it is super rich and yummy. I take a long spoon and go through the layers and soak up the flavors and contrast. And I have a few spoonfuls and then I savor that and go about my business. One glass lasts me until the late afternoon. I am completely satisfied and I have all the nutrition for a breakfast and lunch in there. It is rare for me to finish a glass this size. This is the joy of intuitive eating. Freedom to enjoy and the power to know when to stop and the wisdom to know the difference! LOL