Take the chill off a green salad with these delicious baked apple and onion stacks and add an unusual touch to a fall meal.
1. Slice red apples and red onions into thin circle slices.
2. Arrange in alternating stack in a baking pan.
3. Melt 2 T butter in a saucepan.
4. Mix melted butter together with 2 T balsamic vinegar and pour over the stacks.
5. Bake 175C / 350F for 20-30 minutes (until apples are soft and a bit browned)
6. Serve as part of a salad.
Option: Cut up the baked onions and apples and toss with mix baby greens, chopped walnuts, and crumbled goat feta for a lovely autumn salad.